Ingredients (serves 4)
- 175g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 1/2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 x 320g pkt Nigari Hard Tofu, cut into 1cm pieces
- 200g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) kecap manis
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs hot water
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Cook the noodles following packet directions or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat until just smoking. Swirl to coat. Add the coriander and garlic, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the shallot and tofu. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat until just smoking. Add the broccoli, zucchini and capsicum, and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the kecap manis, soy sauce and water in a small bowl. Add the noodles, tofu mixture and soy sauce mixture to the wok. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until combined and the tofu is heated through. Sprinkle with the chilli to serve.
- Swap it: Swap the tofu for 400g beef stir-fry strips. Stir-fry in 2 batches and remove before adding coriander. Add shallot with the vegies in step 3. Return the beef to the wok in step 4.Shopping tip: You'll find the rice stick noodles in the Asian section at Woolworths.
Cooking Time15 minutes