- 2 200g pkts Thai-flavoured firm tofu (Soyco brand)
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 300g pkt fresh thin egg noodles (Bamboo Pot brand)
- 450g Chinese cabbage, core removed, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 8 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 30g snow pea sprouts, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut each tofu square in half diagonally. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook for 1 minute each side or until slightly crisp and heated through. Transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add noodles and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place in a bowl with cabbage, carrots, green shallots, snow pea sprouts and tofu, and toss to combine.
- Whisk the lemon juice and soy sauce in a small jug to combine. Taste and season with pepper. Pour the lemon dressing over the salad and toss to combine well. Divide the salad among serving bowls and serve immediately.
- Drink suggestion: Asian beer is the answer here - try Tiger or Asahi.
- Leftovers: use the green shallots in mediterranean ricotta pies and in stir-fries.
- Use the snow pea sprouts in egg & nori rolls and salads.
- Use the lemon rind in citrus coconut cakes.
- Use the soy sauce in egg & nori rolls and stir-fries.
Cooking Time15 minutes