- 250g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 165g packet Maltesers, roughly chopped
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Add condensed milk and vanilla and beat for a further 1 minute.
- Add Maltesers and flours. Stir with a large metal spoon until well-combined. Roll mixture into small walnut-sized balls. Place onto prepared baking trays, allowing room for biscuits to spread.
- Gently press biscuits with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake, 2 trays at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Variation: Replace Maltesers with chocolate-coated honeycomb, such as Violet Crumble squares, roughly chopped.
- Hint: Store your biscuits in an airtight container lined with foil and they will last for up to five days.