- 2 eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- Melted butter, to grease
- 4 slices raisin bread
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 1 tbs icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries, washed
- Espresso coffee, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Use a fork to whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter to lightly grease. Dip 1 slice of bread into the egg mixture to evenly coat. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining bread and egg mixture, greasing and reheating pan between batches.
- Meanwhile: use a balloon whisk to whisk the cream, icing sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Cut toast in half crossways and divide among plates. Top with cinnamon cream and strawberries, and serve with espresso.
Preparation Time20 minutes