- 250g orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/4cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 11/2cups (105g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long fresh red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup (40g) toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Shaved pecorino, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Cook the pasta following packet directions until al dente, adding the cauliflower in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Add garlic, chilli and anchovy and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add the pasta, cauliflower, almonds and parsley; gently toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pasta evenly among serving bowls. Top with pecorino and serve immediately with salad leaves, if desired.
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes